Wednesday 16 July 2014

About Time


"We're all traveling through time together, every day of our lives. All we can do is do our best to relish this remarkable ride."






I might have just found my new favourite movie. I've been meaning to watch it ever since I went to London last year and it was advertised in every single bus! However, I only decided to see it yesterday, as the weather wasn't good enough to go to the beach.

I won't spoil the movie for you, but I'll just say it's about a 21-year-old man who finds out he has the ability to travel in time and who uses it to find love, in the first place. Soon enough he learns the consequences that time traveling has in his life and in the lives of those who surround him. Some are good, and some are bad: he eventually finds his true love (oops!) and builds a happy and stable life; but, after trying to solve his problems with his special skill, he comes to a very important conclusion:

"The truth is I now don't travel back at all, not even for the day, I just try to live every day as if I've deliberately come back to this one day, to enjoy it, as if it was the full final day of my extraordinary, ordinary life."


This meant a lot to me. I believe that a positive attitude can definitely change your life for the better - I know I'm still really young and that I haven't probably lived enough to make this kind of statement. But it's just a motto I try to live by :)


What do you think? Have you watched this movie?

Opinions are always welcome in the comments below!



love,
Mariana

3 comments:

  1. That's is a great motto for life!! Wise beyond your years. I haven't watched the movie but now I want too! Weird question...wasn't that girl also in "the timetravlers wife"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes Rachel McAdams was in that movie too :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the movie. I thought it was witty and the romance was not corny. I liked the sister's free spirited character! I was not expecting the drama in the middle but it was very sobering —even with his power he couldn't control everything. The movie reminded me that all of our decisions have repercussions.

    ReplyDelete