Friday 5 September 2014

Day Five: Passionate

"I am passionate about (people)."


Today's Blog-tember post prompt asks me to tell you about my passion, and that, dear readers, is people.

from Tumblr


I am fascinated by people. I love how complex and unpredictable people are. 
I know there's so much evil in this world, and it breaks my heart to hear about corruption, murder and wars. I hate to hear that innocent people die everyday because of other people's thirst for money and power. It's disgusting that these two things are so many times put above real values: life, respect, love.

However, when I'm walking on the streets and I see an elderly couple holding hands, or a little boy picking up a flower to give to his mother, I see love. I see that human hearts can hold such beautiful, powerful feelings, and that those feelings should prevail instead of greed, hate and anger.

At the same time, I can't help but to marvel at the wonders of the human brain. How can such a small organ come up with science, music, stories, laws? I find that thought wonderful, even though we so often misuse our skills.

I know that a lot of us are hurting. There are so many circumstances that cause us pain and hopelessness. But no matter how dark things get, there's always a spark, and we've got to pursue it so that things can get better again. To me that spark comes from God's love, and I feel like one of my missions in life is to help people find that spark when all hope seems lost.

I'm currently feeling really tired, so I'm sorry if this post isn't as articulate as it should be!

Brave Love Blog

How about you? What fascinates you in life?

love,
Mariana

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. [I'm also feeling really really tired today]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I'm tired my brain turns into jelly and this is the result...

      Delete